Monastery Podcast

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"You shall conquer by meekness.",Our Lord to Saint Faustina

On February 22, 1931, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ appeared to this simple nun, bringing with Him a wonderful message of Mercy for all mankind. Saint Faustina tells us in her diary under this date:

"In the evening, when I was in my cell, I became aware of the Lord
Jesus clothed in a white garment. One hand was raised in blessing,
the other was touching the garment at the breast. From the opening
of the garment at the breast there came forth two large rays, one
red and the other pale. In silence I gazed intently at the Lord;
my soul was overwhelmed with fear, but also with great joy. After
a while Jesus said to me, 'paint an image according to the pattern
you see, with the inscription: Jesus, I trust in You.'"

Some time later, Our Lord again spoke to her:

"The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous;
the red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls. These
two rays issued forth from the depths of My most tender Mercy at
that time when My agonizing Heart was opened by a lance on the
Cross....Fortunate is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for
the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him."

Diary, Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska, Divine Mercy in My Soul




"My heart is drawn there where my God is hidden,
Where He dwells with us day and night,
Clothed in the White Host;
He governs the whole world, He communes with souls.

My heart is drawn there where my God is hiding,
Where His love is immolated.
But my heart senses that the living water is here;
It is my living God, though a veil hides Him." -
Sister M. Faustina Kowalska ,Cracow, February 10, 1938.

Our Lord speaks to Saint Faustina-
"As often as you hear the clock strike the third hour, immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it; invoke its omnipotence for the whole world, and particularly for poor sinners; for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every soul. (1572) This is the hour of great mercy for the whole world." (1320)

It is Jesus' desire that the moment of His Death on the Cross (3:00 p.m.) be venerated every day; the hour which He said was the hour of grace for the whole world - mercy triumphed over justice. (1572) At this hour, He wants us to meditate upon His sorrowful Passion because it reveals most distinctly the love God has for His people. At this time Jesus wants us to worship and glorify the Mercy of God, and, by the merits of His passion, to implore the necessary graces for ourselves and the whole world, especially for sinners.

"Try your best", Jesus instructed Sister Faustina, "to make the Stations of the Cross in this hour, provided that your duties permit it; and if you are not able to make the Stations of the Cross, then at least step into the chapel for a moment and adore, in the Blessed Sacrament, My heart, which is full of mercy; and should you be unable to step into the chapel, immerse yourself in prayer there where you happen to be, if only for a very brief instant." (1572)

This is the hour, as Jesus promised, on which you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking. (1572).

"I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion." (1320)

The Hour of Mercy is associated explicitely with three o'clock in the afternoon. Our prayers at this time should be directed to Jesus, and our petitions should appeal to the merits of His sorrowful Passion.

Prayers at the Hour of Mercy:

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You. (187)

You Yourself, Jesus, surely out of love for us, underwent such a terrible Passion. Your Father's justice would have been propitiated with a single sigh from You, and all Your selfabasement is solely the work of Your mercy and Your inconceivable love ... At the end of Your death on the Cross, You bestowed upon us eternal life; allowing Your most holy side to be opened, You opened an inexhaustible spring of mercy for us, giving us Your dearest possession, the Blood and Water from Your Heart. Such is the omnipotence of Your mercy. From it all grace flows to us. (1747)

O Jesus, eternal Truth, our Life, I call upon You and beg Your mercy for poor sinners. O sweetest Heart of my Lord, full of pity and unfathomable mercy, I plead with you for poor sinners. O Most Sacred Heart, Fount of Mercy from which gush forth rays of inconceivable graces upon the entire human race, I beg of You light for poor sinners. O Jesus, be mindful of Your own bitter Passion and do not permit the loss of souls redeemed at so dear a price of Your most precious Blood.

O Jesus, when I consider the great price of Your Blood, I rejoice at its immensity, for one drop alone would have been enough for the salvation of all sinners. (...) Oh, what immense joy burns in my heart when I contemplate Your incomprehensible goodness, O Jesus! I desire to bring all sinners to Your feet that they may glorify Your mercy throughout endless ages. (72)

O Jesus, stretched out upon the cross, I implore You, give me the grace of doing faithfully the most holy will of Your Father, in all things, always.and everywhere. And when this will of God will seem to me very harsh and difficult to fulfill, it is then I beg You, Jesus, may power and strength flow upon me from your wounds, and may my lips keep repeating, "Your will be done, O Lord".

O Savior of the world, Lover of man's salvation, who in such terrible torment and pain, forgot Yourself to think only of the salvation of souls, O most compassionate Jesus, grant ine the grace to forget myself that I may live totally for souls, helping You in the work of salvation, according to the most holy will of Your Father. (1265)

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls y and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out Upon us. (1319)

2 comments:

  1. In spite of being so richly endowed with extraordinary graces, Sr. Mary Faustina knew that they do not in fact constitute sanctity. In her Diary she wrote: Neither graces, nor revelations, nor raptures, nor gifts granted to a soul make it perfect, but rather the intimate union of the soul with God. These gifts are merely ornaments of the soul, but constitute neither its essence nor its perfection. My sanctity and perfection consist in the close union of my will with the will of God (Diary 1107).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post on St. Faustina and the Hour of Mercy. I love this saint and her diary is one of my favorite books. By spreading devotion to the Divine Mercy we can help those who have fallen away understand that that Our Lord is waiting for them with arms wide open, longing to heal them and pour His Mercy upon them.

    ReplyDelete